DEADLINE EXTENDED TO MAY 15
Eight (8) Academic Scholarships at a minimum of $2,000 each.
Two (2) Academic/Community Service Scholarships at $2,500 each.
- Applicant must be an employee of, or dependent of an employee of a business or agency operating in the Washington Dulles Airport community. (This is defined as inside the fence that surrounds airport property.)
- Applicant is a graduating high school senior (Class of 2020).
- Applicant must enroll in an accredited community college, trade school, college or university. The applicant may be full-time or part-time.
- Applicant demonstrates leadership and commitment to the community through involvement in extracurricular and/or volunteer activities. The two Academic/Community Service scholarship awardee(s) will demonstrate considerable community service.
- Applicant must submit a completed application form, student essay, recommendation letter from a teacher, and a copy of high school transcript.
- No financial disclosure required and scholarship is not based on need.
- The scholarship may be used for tuition and other related expenses, i.e., books.
- The scholarship must commence within 12 months of the scholarship award or scholarship award will be forfeited.
Selection of the scholarship recipient will be made by a committee of the sponsoring organization. Please note that the Scholarship Committee reserves the right not to award the scholarship if it does not receive suitable applications. Finalists may be required to participate in an interview process before final selections are made
Applications are due by May 15, 2020.