Clarke-Hook Corporation is a full line commercial and industrial real estate firm that looks toward innovative and creative opportunities to expand its portfolio and assets to support the communities it serves. Originally founded in 1921 as Frank D. Clarke & Co. General Contractors in Scranton, PA, it moved its headquarters to Washington, D.C. in 1953 and expanded its role in commercial real estate to include ownership, development, and property management, forming the basis for what Clarke-Hook Corporation is today. Now, after more than 100 years as a 100% family-owned company, Clarke-Hook continues to expand its service offerings and help clients meet their real estate needs with Brickyard, a full-service coworking center with three area locations and Clarke-Hook, The Brokerage Group, a real estate brokerage.
Clarke-Hook has been a Committee for Dulles member since 1983 and has been active on the Board of Directors for much of that time. Edward C. Zigo, III is the firm’s President and primary contact for its involvement with CFD. Ed is also a past-president of CFD and has served the organization in many other capacities, including as a Board member, the chair of two galas, and membership committee chair. Clarke-Hook has built and/or owned many properties in Northern Virginia and has been a landlord for well over 100 businesses operating within the Dulles Corridor. Ed says of his organization’s involvement with CFD, “We continue to feel it very important to represent their [our tenant’s] interests as well as serve as an informational resource on matters concerning both the Airport and the surrounding economic region.”